The brisk fall air is starting to sweep in. It’s time to get your home ready for the chilly months ahead. The tips below will help you improve your home comfort and decrease energy costs. Talk about a win-win situation!
Let’s start with one of the most important components of your heating system–the heat pump. Fall is the perfect time of year to have your heat pump maintained. Well-maintained heat pumps operate from 10 to 25 percent more efficiently. This is especially important in the winter, since heat pumps work hard to keep you and your family warm and toasty.
Having your heat pump tuned up by one of the professionals at SameDay Heating & Air is a great way to prepare for winter. When an HVAC technician tunes your heat pump, you can expect them to:
- Maintain the Refrigerant Levels – When refrigerant levels are approximately at the level the manufacturer recommends, heat pumps can operate efficiently.The heat pump won’t heat or cool properly if the levels are off.
- Check the Electrical Components – The technician will clean and tighten the electrical connections. They will also apply nonconductive lubrication, if needed.
- Oil the Motor – The outdoor condenser and air handler need lubrication.
- Check Reversing Valve– Making sure this valve functions correctly is a very important step. If it is not working correctly, it will provide heat in the summer and cool air in the winter.
- Evaluating the Duct Work – The HVAC technician will be able to spot and repair any leaks in the ductwork. This will save energy and keep the indoor air clean.
If you’d like to learn more about keeping your heat pump in its optimal operating condition, contact SameDay Heating & Air. We’ve provided HVAC services for northern Utah since 1955.