As fall approaches, many homeowners will turn off the A/C unit and call it a day. However, air conditioners need to be maintained year round. Here are some tips that will prepare your A/C unit for the upcoming seasons. After all, a well-maintained A/C unit will perform at peak efficiency when spring rolls around.
- Remove any debris that is on top of your air conditioner.
- Give your air conditioner a thorough cleaning.
- Replace clogged or dirty filters with new ones.
- Cover your A/C unit with a waterproof material. This will keep it protected from the elements.
- Be sure to check on the unit every so often during the fall and winter. Clear off any snow or ice that has accumulated on the unit.