Fall Electrical Safety Tips
It is no secret that the leaves change colors during the fall. The changing of the seasons can also impact how you use your electrical system. At SameDay Heating & Air, your safety is our number one priority. Below are some electrical safety tips to keep in mind this season.
- Make sure that you safely store your lawn mowers and trimmers.
- Inspect leaf and snow blowers for damage. If they look worn, repair or replace them.
- Electric blankets should not be tucked into a mattress. They are only meant for temporary usage.
- Do not go to sleep near an electric blanket.
- Refrain from using an electric blanket that has a tattered or torn electrical wire.
- Remember to unplug battery chargers. They should be stored in a safe place.
- Remove any leaves that fall on outdoor light fixtures, outlets and power cords.
- If you plan on using an electrical device outdoors, make sure that it is weatherproof.
We hope that these tips keep you safe this fall. If you notice something awry with your electrical system, don’t sweep it under the rug. Instead, turn to the professional electricians at SameDay Heating & Air. Call (801) 726-3329 for service.
Web Source: http://www.esfi.org/fall-