Being able to save water will help you save the environment and preserve it for future use. Not only will you help save this resource, but you will also save money on your monthly utility bills. Fortunately for you, there are amazingly easy ways to cut downon your usage.
- Quick Showers – Taking a bath will waste many gallons of water, but so will showers of extraordinary length. Taking a quick five minute shower will be able to clean you properly without wasting more than what’s needed.
- A New Throne – Toilets of the modern era conserve a lot more water than ones that are older than 10 years of age. These new low-flow toilets use less than half of the water per flush compared to an older fixture.
- Close the Tap – Whether you’re washing dishes by hand, shaving, or brushing your teeth, turn the water off in intervals. There’s no need to keep the water running while your toothbrush is in your mouth or your razor is on your face. Turn it off and then back on when you need to rinse.
- Faucet Check - Leaky faucets will waste hundreds, if not thousands, of gallons of water per year. Check each tap in your home and if any of them drip even once, repair it immediately. The excess money you’re paying in monthly bills will eventually grow to be larger than the repair cost.
- A New Showerhead – Just like a low-flow toilet, there are showerheads with the similar features. These attachable fixtures will help you save water, especially if you’re one that likes to take extra long showers. This new showerhead combined with a shorter shower time will help you maximize your savings!
Conserving water is as easy as 123; just be sure to follow these tips! If any of your faucets or fixtures are leaking or need repair, contact the professionals at SameDay Heating & Air. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (801) 7263329.