Do I Need Water Softener?
Depending on the source of the water in your home, the “hardness” or “softness” can vary widely. However, the presence of hard water can cause a number of negative symptoms, as well as expensive future plumbing repairs, so it is important to know if you have hard water or not. If you are unsure if the water in your Salt Lake City-area home is hard or soft, here are some signs to look out for.
What is a Water Softener?
All water contains dissolved mineral solids, mostly calcium, magnesium, bicarbonates, and sulfates. The more minerals your water contains, the “harder” it is and the more issues it can cause. A water softener system uses sodium ionization to remove these hardness-causing minerals from your water. The water treatment specialists at SameDay provide water evaluation testing, as well as installation and maintenance for all water softening systems. Our water softeners are customized for your home to effectively remove any impurities and minerals present in your water.
Signs Your Salt Lake City-Area Home Needs Water Softener
- Staining – The minerals in hard water can cause stubborn stains on your sinks, toilets, or bathtubs. It also causes difficult-to-remove spots on glassware.
- Mineral Deposit Buildup – Scale or limescale can build up on your pots, tea kettles, coffeemakers, or shower heads, making them difficult to clean or use. This scale can also build up in larger, more expensive appliances, like your dishwasher or washing machine.
- Increased Utility Bills – Not only can these minerals build up in your appliances, they can also form deposits in the pipes in your house, which causes your systems to have to work harder to move water, resulting in higher bills.
- Faded or “Grayed” Laundry – The minerals in hard water make detergents less effective, which can leave your laundry less clean or give a faded appearance through the accumulation of buildup.
- Dry Skin and Hair – Itchy buildup can also occur in your hair or on your skin, as shampoos and soaps cannot dissolve properly in hard water either.
- Water Heater Malfunction – Heating hard water accelerates the accumulation of scale in the tank and can cause your water heater to fail prematurely.
If you’re experiencing any of these hard-water-related issues in your home, reach out to the SameDay professionals at (801) 726-3329 to schedule a free estimate to explore your water treatment options.
Contact SameDay for Water Softener Installation Services
Homeowners in Murray, Draper, Salt Lake City, Sandy, West Jordan, and the Wasatch Front area depend on SameDay for reliable service technicians and quality workmanship. Our team of professionals are licensed and insured, fully background-checked, and offer only the best customer service and products to improve your quality of life. Family-owned and -operated, we take pride in our work, and our stellar reviews show it. For increased piece of mind, all services by SameDay come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If you’re interested in learning more about your water treatment options, or you would like a free water softener installation estimate, contact the team at SameDay. Our team of experts is ready to help improve the quality of your home’s water for you and your family. Call us at (801) 726-3329 to schedule.
What To ExpectDiscover the SameDay Difference
Check out what our valued customers have to say. Our reviews reflect SameDay's dedication to providing excellent service and ensuring our customers' satisfaction.
Thank you for the wonderful service your company provides. I am new to the area and got your number from the Yellow Pages. All of the ads looked alike. I called two other companies before I called Air Comfort. The first company did not show up.…
When the air conditioning unit malfunctioned at our business it became unbearably hot. Fortunately, your technician was prompt, efficient, and helpful—even though he had to work late into the evening. His friendly, customer-oriented service was much appreciated and we want to make certain this type of…
Just a note to tell you what a pleasure it was to work with a company such as yours. When appointments were made, they were kept! I must make special mention of the technician who installed our air conditioning unit. He worked hard, stayed with it…
We appreciate such a good company with great customer service.
We wish to thank you for the installation of our new Lennox furnace and air conditioner, but more than the implements, we are grateful for the careful consideration of your technician. He did a splendid job, which we are sure was above and beyond the call…