Signs You Need to Call an Emergency Plumber
Most people don’t anticipate having a plumbing problem. After all, your home’s piping is probably the last thing on your mind, even as you wash your hands, flush the toilet, and take a shower. If you think you’re having an emergency, call a plumber as soon as possible.
Top 10 Reasons to Call an Emergency Plumber
- Gurgling sounds: Something could be blocking your sewer line if the toilet gurgles when you drain the bathtub, or if you hear gurgling from the sink while the washing machine runs. Call an emergency plumber before the problem develops into a backed-up sewer!
- Stubborn toilet clog: If a foreign object has lodged itself in the drainpipe, a plunger will only get you so far. An emergency plumber has more advanced tools and techniques to clear stubborn toilet clogs.
- Shower or sink won’t drain: You may find that you can’t clear a stopped-up sink or shower drain with the tools available to you. To get things flowing again, call a plumber for drain cleaning services.
- Sounds of water running: If you hear water running through the pipes while no one is using the plumbing, there could be a leak somewhere. You need expert leak detection to locate and fix the source of the problem before it causes any more harm.
- Sewage odor: Be wary of bad smells with no apparent source. A broken sewer vent or pipe could be to blame, which is not only unpleasant but could also cause environmental and health issues. Professional sewer repair should set things right again.
- Low water pressure: Sometimes, you can blame a lack of water flow on a clogged aerator. Unscrew this from the faucet and soak it in vinegar to remove mineral deposits. If the problem persists, call a professional for help.
- Frozen pipes: Low water pressure in the winter could be caused by a frozen pipe. You must act fast to prevent the pipe from bursting and potentially causing significant water damage.
- Burst or dripping pipes: If you’re too late, and a frozen pipe has burst, don’t panic—turn the main water shut-off valve to stop the flow of water and prevent property damage until an emergency plumber arrives.
- No hot water: A problem with your water heater can make a hot shower suddenly turn ice-cold. Fortunately, an emergency plumber can perform the repair you need to restore your supply of hot water.
- Leaking fixture or hose: If you see water flowing out from under the dishwasher, washing machine, or ice maker, the hose behind the appliance may have sprung a leak. See if you can tighten the connection to stop the dripping. Otherwise, turn off the water and call an emergency plumber.
24-Hour Emergency Plumbing in the Greater Salt Lake City Area
Whether the reason behind your plumbing emergency is apparent or not, SameDay can lend a hand. Over the past 64 years in business, we’ve seen it all, so we’re confident we can diagnose and repair any problem you’re having. Put your confidence in our fully licensed, trained, and background-checked plumbers. We won’t deem the job complete until you are 100% satisfied.
What To ExpectDiscover the SameDay Difference
Check out what our valued customers have to say. Our reviews reflect SameDay's dedication to providing excellent service and ensuring our customers' satisfaction.
Thank you for the wonderful service your company provides. I am new to the area and got your number from the Yellow Pages. All of the ads looked alike. I called two other companies before I called Air Comfort. The first company did not show up.…
When the air conditioning unit malfunctioned at our business it became unbearably hot. Fortunately, your technician was prompt, efficient, and helpful—even though he had to work late into the evening. His friendly, customer-oriented service was much appreciated and we want to make certain this type of…
Just a note to tell you what a pleasure it was to work with a company such as yours. When appointments were made, they were kept! I must make special mention of the technician who installed our air conditioning unit. He worked hard, stayed with it…
We appreciate such a good company with great customer service.
We wish to thank you for the installation of our new Lennox furnace and air conditioner, but more than the implements, we are grateful for the careful consideration of your technician. He did a splendid job, which we are sure was above and beyond the call…