Garbage Disposal Installation & Repair in the Greater Salt Lake City Area
Garbage disposals are a vital part of a smoothly operating kitchen. If you don’t already have one, you must be diligent about not letting food go down the drain. Or, if your disposal suddenly breaks, the sink may start backing up, bringing everything to a grinding halt.
If you need garbage disposal services in Salt Lake City, the expert plumbers at SameDay Heating & Air, Plumbing, and Electrical have you covered. We can install a new fixture, replace your old unit, or repair a disposal that has stopped working.
Garbage Disposal Installation & Replacement in Salt Lake City
Adding a garbage disposal to your sink can increase the functionality of your kitchen and help your plumbing flow smoothly. With the ability to dispose of food waste down the drain, you can also keep kitchen odors at bay.
Whether you’re interested in installing a garbage disposal for the first time, or you need to replace an old unit that has stopped working, you have two choices—you can either buy a disposal and install it yourself or rely on a plumber for the installation. Here are some benefits of professional garbage disposal installation:
- Job well done: You don’t want to end up with gunk and water all over your kitchen floor. Leaving the job to a qualified plumber ensures a smooth installation process.
- Effective food disposal: Not all garbage disposals are created equal. A plumber can help you choose a model that meets your expectations. Plus, an expert installation ensures the appliance operates as intended for the next several years.
- Fast installation: With your busy schedule, it may be beneficial to leave the garbage disposal replacement to a pro. Our Green Team® trucks are fully stocked with new plumbing hardware, including replacement garbage disposals, so SameDay can get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Garbage Disposal Repair in Salt Lake City, UT
The garbage disposal under your kitchen sink is responsible for grinding up food particles that make their way down the drain. As such, this appliance is robust, but it can still experience various problems. Here are the top reasons Salt Lake City homeowners call SameDay for garbage disposal repair:
- The garbage disposal won’t operate: If you flip the wall switch and nothing happens, make sure the unit is plugged in and no circuit breakers have tripped. Next, try pressing the reset button. If these troubleshooting tips don’t work, it could mean the motor has worn out and you need to replace the unit.
- The flywheel is jammed: If the disposal hums when you flip the switch, but it doesn’t grind up food, this means the flywheel is stuck. Try freeing the jam by inserting a hex wrench of the proper size into the hole on the bottom of the garbage disposal. Alternately, you can prod the flywheel by sticking a broom handle (not your fingers!) into the sink.
- The flywheel is worn out: When old garbage disposal blades become dull, they no longer grind food effectively. SameDay can remove the flywheel and sharpen the blades or replace the grinding mechanism to make your garbage disposal as good as new!
- The garbage disposal is leaking: This is caused by a worn-out hose or seal. We’ll thoroughly inspect your system to find the problem and perform the necessary repair.
- The drain line is clogged: If your kitchen sink clogs, never use chemical drain cleaner! Instead, call a plumber to locate and clear the clog without damaging your garbage disposal.
Schedule Garbage Disposal Services in Salt Lake City, UT
At SameDay, our plumbing services are second to none. We can help you choose a new garbage disposal and install it with expert precision. Our team is also knowledgeable when it comes to diagnosing and fixing broken disposals. Everyone on our team is clean-cut, drug-free, and background-checked to ensure the highest level of courtesy and professionalism in your home.
Garbage Disposal FAQs
How do I prevent my garbage disposal from smelling bad?
Here are things you can put down your garbage disposal to prevent/alleviate bad smells:
- Vinegar & baking soda
- Specialty cleaning products
Can I install my own garbage disposal?
Installing a new garbage disposal is not usually difficult as long as you have the right tools and materials. For more information on how to install a garbage disposal, contact our plumbing team online.
When should I replace my garbage disposal?
- If your garbage disposal clogs easily/frequently
- You can’t get rid of odors
- The blades have become dull
- You have a leak that can’t be easily fixed
- You’re replacing your kitchen sink or dishwasher
Can I run the dishwasher if the garbage disposal is broken?
It is possible to run the dishwasher with the garbage disposal broken. Just make sure to clean anything big off the dishes first.
What shouldn't you put down a garbage disposal?
- Coffee grounds
- Pasta, rice & bread
- Animal bones
- Nuts & shells
- Pits & seeds
- Egg shells
- Stringy fruits & vegetables
- Potato peels
- Grease, oil & fat
- Non-food materials
What To ExpectDiscover the SameDay Difference
Check out what our valued customers have to say. Our reviews reflect SameDay's dedication to providing excellent service and ensuring our customers' satisfaction.
Thank you for the wonderful service your company provides. I am new to the area and got your number from the Yellow Pages. All of the ads looked alike. I called two other companies before I called Air Comfort. The first company did not show up.…
When the air conditioning unit malfunctioned at our business it became unbearably hot. Fortunately, your technician was prompt, efficient, and helpful—even though he had to work late into the evening. His friendly, customer-oriented service was much appreciated and we want to make certain this type of…
Just a note to tell you what a pleasure it was to work with a company such as yours. When appointments were made, they were kept! I must make special mention of the technician who installed our air conditioning unit. He worked hard, stayed with it…
We appreciate such a good company with great customer service.
We wish to thank you for the installation of our new Lennox furnace and air conditioner, but more than the implements, we are grateful for the careful consideration of your technician. He did a splendid job, which we are sure was above and beyond the call…