Steps For Winterizing Your Outdoor A/C Unit
As fall approaches, many homeowners will turn off the A/C unit and call it a day. However, air conditioners need to be maintained year round. Here are some tips that will prepare your A/C unit for the upcoming seasons. After all, a well-maintained A/C unit will perform at peak efficiency when spring rolls around.
- Remove any debris that is on top of your air conditioner.
- Give your air conditioner a thorough cleaning.
- Replace clogged or dirty filters with new ones.
- Cover your A/C unit with a waterproof material. This will keep it protected from the elements.
- Be sure to check on the unit every so often during the fall and winter. Clear off any snow or ice that has accumulated on the unit.
Following these simple steps can increase the longevity of your A/C unit and prevent the risk of future complications. At SameDay Heating & Air, we are always looking for new ways to keep your HVAC equipment in good condition. If you discover a problem with your air conditioner, call (801) 726-3329 for a repair.