Lower Your Heating Bills With SameDay
Save Energy, Save Money. It really is that simple. But many homeowners don’t realize that improving furnace efficiency doesn’t just mean using less heat—keeping your furnace in top working condition can save you a lot, without requiring you to give up comfort or spending money to weatherize. Just follow these ten steps, and not only will your furnace run cheaper and more efficiently, it’ll heat your home better too.
Want to quickly reduce your heating costs? Let SameDay maintenance services bring your furnace to peak efficiency! Schedule service now by dialing 801-726-3329 or by contacting us online.
10 Easy & Efficient Steps for Lower Heating Bills
- Clean or replace the furnace filter – A clogged filter restricts airflow, causing it to work harder while delivering less heat.
- Check the blower belt and oil the blower motor – Loose belts can increase operating time and shorten your equipment’s life. (Note that sealed blower motors require no oil.)
- Make sure blower doors are replaced properly – This keeps combustion byproducts like carbon monoxide separate from the warm air circulated through your home.
- Check that your heating vents are unobstructed – Obstructed vents reduce your furnace’s efficiency by forcing it to work longer to distribute warm air.
- Check that return air vents (cold air returns) are unobstructed – Warm air from your home is drawn through these vents past the furnace’s heat exchanger and circulated back into your home. Your furnace will work less if it can circulate air freely.
- Check that your exhaust flue to the outside is unobstructed and in good condition – Ensure it is in good condition from the furnace to the roof cap and that all connections are securely fastened.
- If your furnace is in an enclosed room or closet, make sure it receives plenty of air – Furnace rooms or closets should have door louvers or vents or a duct directly to the outside to provide sufficient combustion air – your furnace requires at least 10 cubic feet of air for one cubic foot of natural gas to operate properly.
- Make sure your furnace has a green sticker – This indicates it has been properly adjusted to safely burn the changing gas supply.
- Adjust your thermostat – A programmable thermostat will save you money automatically if you set it to lower the temperature at night while you sleep, then raise the heat when you get up. It can also lower the heat during your work day, and raise it when it’s time for you to come home.
- Have your furnace tuned up periodically by a heating service professional – This inspection should ensure that your furnace’s burners are properly adjusted, the combustion chamber is in good condition, and the furnace is venting properly.
To really get the most from your furnace in the winter (or your air conditioner in the summer), you’re going to want to invest in professional maintenance at least once a year. Proper tuning of your heating systems can significantly reduce your heating costs by keeping your system running at peak efficiency.
It’s also a great way to prevent larger problems from developing in your heating systems, the types of problems which would lead to long-term damage, performance loss, or even reduced longevity for your system. A small tune-up today can prevent component failures tomorrow that might send a monthly heating bill through the roof—even before considering the cost of repairing such a failure.
Choose SameDay & Lower Your Energy Bills
If you’re looking to improve heating efficiency in Northern Utah, then you want Sameday managing your heating maintenance. As the area’s leading full-service heating and air conditioning provider, we’ve satisfied countless customers with our expert technicians, top quality products, and focus on customer service and satisfaction.
To schedule heating maintenance service today, and get your furnace running in top condition, reach out to SameDay online or by calling us at 801-726-3329.