Safety Tips for the Holidays
Holiday decorating is a fun experience that you can share with your family and friends. The lights, candles, trees, and other decorations are a wonderful sight to see during the month of December. While they are beautiful, they can also be dangerous if the proper safety precautions are not taken. Following a few safety tips for the holidays can help prevent any fires or damage to your home.
- Electrical Cords – Before plugging in anything with a cord, inspect it. Holiday decorations are stored away for almost a full year at a time and can become faulty. Damaged cords can electrocute you, overload a circuit, or even start a fire.
- Electrical Outlets – Avoid plugging too many cords into one outlet. An outlet with too many wires can blow a fuse or circuit.
- Candles – The oldest of decorations are still a cause of many house fires across the country. Instead of burning candles throughout your home, replace them with battery powered alternatives. Forgetting to blow out a candle could have the worst of endings.
- Cooking – Decorating your home with delicious food is another way to get festive this holiday season. Be sure to stay in the kitchen while cooking or baking. An unattended range could burn up your food, and possibly your home.
- Bedtime – Decorations shouldn’t be left on when your eyes are closed. Turn off all electrical decor when everyone in the house goes to sleep. Utilize timers for convenience and set them for a time close to your bedtime.
Decorating your home for the holidays is a tradition that many homes participate in each year. During your holiday decorating, if a circuit or fuse blows, grab your phone and call up the experts at SameDay Heating & Air. We’ll be over as soon as we can to fix your electrical problems. To request a call, give us a ring at (801) 726-3329.
What To ExpectDiscover the SameDay Difference
Check out what our valued customers have to say. Our reviews reflect SameDay's dedication to providing excellent service and ensuring our customers' satisfaction.
Thank you for the wonderful service your company provides. I am new to the area and got your number from the Yellow Pages. All of the ads looked alike. I called two other companies before I called Air Comfort. The first company did not show up.…
When the air conditioning unit malfunctioned at our business it became unbearably hot. Fortunately, your technician was prompt, efficient, and helpful—even though he had to work late into the evening. His friendly, customer-oriented service was much appreciated and we want to make certain this type of…
Just a note to tell you what a pleasure it was to work with a company such as yours. When appointments were made, they were kept! I must make special mention of the technician who installed our air conditioning unit. He worked hard, stayed with it…
We appreciate such a good company with great customer service.
We wish to thank you for the installation of our new Lennox furnace and air conditioner, but more than the implements, we are grateful for the careful consideration of your technician. He did a splendid job, which we are sure was above and beyond the call…