Safety Tips for the Holidays
Holiday decorating is a fun experience that you can share with your family and friends. The lights, candles, trees, and other decorations are a wonderful sight to see during the month of December. While they are beautiful, they can also be dangerous if the proper safety precautions are not taken. Following a few safety tips for the holidays can help prevent any fires or damage to your home.
- Electrical Cords – Before plugging in anything with a cord, inspect it. Holiday decorations are stored away for almost a full year at a time and can become faulty. Damaged cords can electrocute you, overload a circuit, or even start a fire.
- Electrical Outlets – Avoid plugging too many cords into one outlet. An outlet with too many wires can blow a fuse or circuit.
- Candles – The oldest of decorations are still a cause of many house fires across the country. Instead of burning candles throughout your home, replace them with battery powered alternatives. Forgetting to blow out a candle could have the worst of endings.
- Cooking – Decorating your home with delicious food is another way to get festive this holiday season. Be sure to stay in the kitchen while cooking or baking. An unattended range could burn up your food, and possibly your home.
- Bedtime – Decorations shouldn’t be left on when your eyes are closed. Turn off all electrical decor when everyone in the house goes to sleep. Utilize timers for convenience and set them for a time close to your bedtime.
Decorating your home for the holidays is a tradition that many homes participate in each year. During your holiday decorating, if a circuit or fuse blows, grab your phone and call up the experts at SameDay Heating & Air. We’ll be over as soon as we can to fix your electrical problems. To request a call, give us a ring at (801) 726-3329.