How To Brace Your Pipes For Cold Weather
Don’t leave your plumbing system to its own devices this season. If you do, it could result in frozen pipes. No homeowner wants that. Below are some ways you can brace your pipes for cold weather.
- Make sure that the windows and doors in your home are closed tightly. If they are not, cold air can seep into your home.
- Let water slowly drip from the faucets in your home. Running water through your pipes can prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Insulate the your pipes. This is especially important for pipes that are located in drafty rooms.
- Do you have pipes near your kitchen cabinets? If so, open your cabinets from time to time. It will allow warm air from your heating system to reach these pipes.
- It is important to know where the main shut off valve is. After all, you will have to turn it off if a plumbing emergency occurs in your home.
Have you encountered a plumbing problem in your home? Don’t attempt a “Do-It-Yourself” project. Instead of putting in the elbow grease, just put in a call to SameDay Heating & Air. You won’t find better plumbers in Salt Lake City. Call (801) 726-3329 to schedule an appointment that is convenient for you.
Web Source: http://www.twcnews.com/nc/charlotte/news/2015/02/18/prep-plumbing-for-cold-weather-to-avoid-chilling-repair-bill.html