What To Expect From a Heating Tune-Up
When winter hits, you want to know that your furnace or other heating system is ready to deliver reliable and efficient heating all season long. A furnace maintenance check is a crucial part of this.
For scheduled HVAC tune-ups, a qualified professional will inspect your home and thoroughly inspect your HVAC system to check for any wear or performance issues.
If you want a longer life span from your furnace while ensuring it will work well this winter, then you need to make time for a heating tune-up. We’ll break down what happens and what to expect during the process.
The Process of a Heating Tune-Up
At your inspection, your HVAC tech will look for efficiency problems, potential repair needs, and issues with the cleanliness of your system. The tech will clean and optimize the system inside and out, leaving you with a fully functional system.
A furnace tune-up will start by inspecting the entire heating system for signs of issues. Then, they will clean the system, even changing the air filter so you can have better indoor air quality.
During this process, the technician will also:
- Lubricate the moving parts of the system
- Adjust the tension on the fan belt
- Inspect the heat exchanger to look for cracks
- Test the exhaust system to protect your safety
- Inspect the burner
- Tighten and secure all connections
Finally, any potential repairs that could improve the life span of your heating system will be discussed. This process takes a few hours and can be completed in one afternoon. This thorough inspection will give you peace of mind about the colder weather coming in and your system’s ability to handle it.
The Benefits of Getting Your Heating Tuned Up
Why should you invest in heating maintenance if you’re not having trouble with your furnace or HVAC system? Some of the benefits of maintaining your heating system include the following:
- Longevity: Well-maintained heating systems last longer than neglected ones so you can postpone replacement plans.
- Efficiency: A heating tune-up optimizes your system so it will run as efficiently as possible, and this can lower your energy bills.
- Fewer repairs: An optimized system thoroughly inspected will be less likely to break down, which means fewer repair bills.
- Peace of mind: All of these benefits mean you have peace of mind that your heating system is ready to protect your family and keep you warm throughout the winter.
Choose SameDay for Your Heating Tune-Ups
When hiring someone for a heating maintenance appointment, you want an experienced and professional team. SameDay Heating & Air has background-checked technicians who are thoroughly trained and fully knowledgeable about all makes and models of heating systems.
Our name comes from the fact that we offer same-day services in the Greater Salt Lake City Area from our dependable team of problem solvers.
For furnace tune-ups from an experienced, professional team, call (801) 726-3329 or contact us online for dependable Same-Day services in the Greater Salt Lake City Area.